The Ligonier Valley Historical Society
To discover, collect, preserve and disseminate any material which will help to establish or illustrate the exploration, settlement, development and general history of the Ligonier Valley area.
To demonstrate a living history of life during the 18th and 19th century through the operation of the Compass Inn Museum for the education and enjoyment of present and future generations.
Did you know that the Ligonier Valley Historical Society:
- Maintains the Compass Inn Museum, an authentically restored 1799 stagecoach stop located along Route 30 in Laughlintown and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Sponsors Living History Weekends at the Compass Inn where artisans and re-enactors demonstrate 18th century and early 19th century skills.
- Offers outstanding field trips at the Inn including hands on projects (also available during Children's Living History Weekend.)
- Maintains several local abandoned cemeteries and preserves Laurel Hill Iron Furnace Located in New Florence.
- Presents lectures covering people, places and events from the past to the present.
- Maintains a records and documents room and a small local history library.
- Hosts popular social events such as the holiday "Festival of Lights" & "Tastes of the Town" showcasing culinary delights of local eateries
Download our new Membership Brochure
To become a part of the Ligonier Valley Historical Society or
if you need additional information please contact us at:
Ligonier Valley Historical Society
P.O. Box 167
Laughlintown, PA 15655
Send us a message