To discover, collect & preserve any material
which will help to establish or illustrate the exploration, settlement,
development and general history of the Ligonier Valley area. To
disseminate historical information as a means of arousing interest
in the past. To preserve historical buildings, monuments, markers (not cemetery
markers) and other landmarks in Ligonier Valley for the
education and enjoyment of present & future generations.
Did you know that the Ligonier Valley Historical
- Maintains the Compass
Inn Museum, an authentically restored 1799
stagecoach stop located along Route 30 in Laughlintown and
listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Sponsors Living History Weekends at the Compass Inn where
artisans and re-enactors demonstrate 18th century and early
19th century skills.
- Offers outstanding field trips at the Inn including hands
on projects (also available during Children's Living History
- Maintains several local abandoned cemeteries and preserves
Laurel Hill Iron Furnace Located in New Florence.
- Presents lectures covering people, places and events from
the past to the present.
- Maintains a records and documents room and a small local
- Hosts popular social events such as the holiday "Festival
of Lights" & "Tastes of the Town" showcasing culinary delights
of local eateries
Benefits Of Membership
Enjoy The Many Benefits of Membership:
- Free admission to Compass Inn Museum.
- Quarterly issues of the Society Newsletter.
- Invitations to special events including: The Welcome "Do",
Muster Day Picnic and Festival of Lights Preview Party.
- Discounts at the Compass Inn Museum Store, which features
many interesting and unusual gift ideas.
- Voting privileges and an opportunity to serve on the Board
of Directors or a committee of your choosing.
Membership Levels for the Ligonier Valley Historical
Individual - $15.00
Household - $25.00
Individual Senior - $10.00
Student - $5.00
Institution/Professional - $50.00
Patron - $70.00
Friend - $100.00
Benefactor - $250.00
To become a part of the Ligonier Valley Historical Society or
if you need additional information please contact us at:
Ligonier Valley Historical Society
P.O. Box 167
Laughlintown, PA 15655
Send us a message